This article explains common parallel and multithreading concepts, and differentiates between the hardware and software aspects of parallel processing. It briefly explains the hardware architectures that make parallel processing possible. The article describes several popular parallel programming models.
- Parallel Processing
- Parallelism in the Hardware
- Parallelism by Software Programming Models
- Shared Memory Programming Models
- Distributed Memory Programming Models
- Hybrid Programming Models
- Oracle Parallel Application Development Software
- For Shared Memory Systems
- For Distributed Memory Systems
- Hardware and Software for Cluster and Grid
It also makes connections between parallel processing concepts and related Oracle hardware and software offerings.
(Get More Information . .)