The third update release of the SunTM Cluster 3.1 software offers new manageability features, an increased choice in agents and additional configuration options for Oracle RAC.
Currently available, this software update is accessible to customers with active subscription licenses for the Sun JavaTM Enterprise System and is being shipped asynchronously as well with this same Sun system.
Improvements with this latest release can assist customers in the following ways:
- Manage the Cluster: Sun Cluster 3.1 9/04 software significantly enhances user experience by simplifying the deployment of complex application services.
- Manage the Complexity: Sun Cluster 3.1 9/04 software drives down cost and complexity by expanding choices in storage arrays, agents and volume management, while enforcing high quality at competitive prices.
- Manage the Availability: Sun Cluster 3.1 9/04 software provides industrial strength high availability by enabling customers to benefit from reduced planned downtime.
With the Sun Cluster 3.1 9/04 software, customers have the option of purchasing it as a point product with its own Right-To-Use (RTU) license or as part of the Sun Java Enterprise System.
Interested customers also can evaluate this latest Sun Cluster software as part of the Sun Java Enterprise System evaluation program, which is accessible via the Sun Download Center.
Other key features include:
- New SunPlexTM Manager graphical user interface
- Support of Oracle RAC with new SolarisTM Volume Manager for Sun Cluster on the SolarisTM Operating System (Solaris OS) (SPARCR Platform Edition)
- Support of Oracle RAC for the Sun StorEdgeTM QFS shared file system on Solaris OS (SPARC Platform Edition)
- Enhanced Inter-Resource Group Dependencies management that allows users to control when cluster resources, such as services or application components, start or stop based on the status of other specific resources.
- 16 nodes support
- SCsnapshot is a command script that takes a snapshot of an existing running cluster configuration allowing customers to edit this script to clone.
- IPv6 support on the public network for both failover and scalable agents.
- Failover File System Online updates allowing users to add and remove file systems from the Failover File System (HA Storage Plus) resource while online.
- Tunable Heartbeat detects node and communication failure for increased configuration flexibility by permitting users to modify the heartbeat parameters.
- Forced Umount for PxFs assists system administrators to solve file system problems, such as disk failure or NFS issues, by allowing them to umount a file system that has entered an erroneous state without overall service interruption.
- SunPlex Agent Builder and GDS Enhancements
- GDS Problem Isolation
- Forced Disabling of resource groups
- Support for VERITAS Volume Manager and File System 4.0 (VxVM 4.0 and VxFS 4.0)
This software is supported by both the Solaris OS (x86 Platform Edition) and (SPARC Platform Edition), however there are differences in the supported Sun Cluster agents and the supported hardware between these two Sun platforms.
For more information on the supportive aspects of the Sun Cluster 3.1 9/04 software, visit:
Read More ...