Learn how to build production-worthy, scalable and high performance
Web-enabled applications with this newly released book by Frank Cohen.
With the presentation of various techniques, methodology and tools, Cohen
explains how developers, QA technicians and IT managers can effectively
work together to achieve unprecedented productivity in development and
This 544-page book serves as a guide to perfecting the scalability, performance
and functionality of Web-enabled applications through the right selection of
design, coding and testing techniques.
Cohen lists the new APIs, protocols and tools that are scheduled to be
a part of the next generation of JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise
Edition (J2EETM platform), .NET and open-source systems. These new
software libraries, tools and techniques along with "JavaTM Testing and
Design: From Unit Testing to Automated Web Tests," enable complex,
highly functional and interoperable software applications to be
expediently and efficiently created.
The book covers topics, including:
- Software development and test automation methodologies
- Exposes the scalability problems in SOAP-based Web Services
- Building, testing and monitoring integrated multiple-protocol
- Performance kits for developers using Sun JavaTM System (formerly SunTM ONE), BEA WebLogic and IBM WebSphere
- Architecture, code and test agents for the J2EE platform, Web Services, P2P and .NET
- Secure Internet services using current and next-generation
technologies and more
"This book offers practical, concrete advice about how to stay in tune
with your project and ensure that your products are at least as good as
your plans," commented Phil Goodwin, staff engineer at Sun. "This book
shows how to understand what application you want to write, what
strategies are likely to get you there, and then how to measure your
level of success."
Read More ...