Norm Walsh, staff engineer at Sun, has written an article on XML Entity
and URI Resolver JavaTM Foundation classes. The goal of the article is to
simplify the task of using Catalog files to perform entity resolution.
There is also a free download available.
Walsh discusses finding resources on the Net, understanding catalog files, and
Controlling the Catalog Resolver.
Additional topics covered include:
- Naming Resources, including Public Identifiers and Uniform Resource Names
- Understanding Catalog Files, including OASIS XML Catalogs, OASIS TR9401
Catalogs, XCatalogs, and Resolution Semantics
- Using Catalogs with Popular Applications
- Adding Catalog Support to Your Applications
- Catalogs In Action, including using resolver and xparse
Resolver Classes and JavadocTM API doumentation is also available on the
XML Developer Connection web site. Additional technical details for
this article are available online.
The download is also available online, including information on system
requirements and file size. This download package includes Java
classes, JavaDoc API documentation, and step-by-step instructions
explaining how to use and customize the resolver components. These
classes can be used directly "out of the box" with their applications
(such as Xalan and Saxon) or customized to suit your particular needs.
It includes Binary Code and Sample Code.
Read More ...