Sun Enterprise Server Alternate Pathing (AP) 2.3 provides alternate
pathing support for the Solaris 8.
The target audience for AP is Sun Enterprise Server users running
Solaris 2.6, 7, or 8 who require alternate
AP 2.3 is also supported on Solaris 2.6 and Solaris 7 releases,
replacing AP 2.1 and AP 2.2. Customers running Solaris 2.5.1 on their
servers should continue running AP 2.0.1.
Servers running AP 2.0.1 in one Sun Enterprise 10000 domain (running the
Solaris 2.5.1 operating environment) and AP 2.3 on a domain running a
later Solaris version have undergone successful testing.
Key new features include:
- Expanded and consolidated Solaris environment support. AP 2.3
supports the Solaris 2.6, 7 and 8 environments.
- Network metadriver consolidation. AP 2.3 provides one driver per
media class (ethernet or FDDI). It also supports the mixing and
matching of different physical drivers from the same media class. For
example, you can have Quad fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet in the
same path group.
- Enhanced automatic boot recovery. This feature now supports automatic
boot recovery even when disks are mirrored. The feature also is now
supported on all other Sun Enterprise servers.
- No software dependency required on System Service Processor (SSP)
- Flexible device support. Support for new devices can be added to AP
2.3 without modification of executable code. Once the device is
qualified, only a configuration file needs to be changed .
- Upgrade enhancements. AP 2.3's upgrade scripts can now handle
controller renumbering which may occur during an OS upgrade. Enhanced
features, including a general configuration dump and restore facility,
aid field support personnel.
AP 2.3 is the only version of alternate pathing software for the Solaris
8 operating environment.
Read More ...