The 400-MHz SunPCi co-processor card is for PCI-based Ultra desktops.
SunPCi card enables Sun Workstation users to run Microsoft Windows 95,
Windows NT, and DOS applications at native speeds on their Solaris
systems. The 400-MHz SunPCi card replaces the 300-MHz SunPCi card.
In addition to a new 400-MHz AMD K6-2 processor, the 400-MHz SunPCi
card features the following:
- Runs Windows 95, Windows NT, and DOS applications at native speeds
- 64-MB to 256-MB dedicated on-card memory
- Share file system with Solaris and
cut/copy/paste between Solaris and Windows
- Shares display with Solaris or drive a separate
- Ethernet networking via workstation's network adapter
- PCI card form factor, requires 2 PCI slots
- SunPCi software (including drivers for Solaris
and Microsoft Windows)
- DR-DOS license
A Windows license NOT included with SunPCi card.
USB, Parallel and Serial Ports
- Standard ports to connect to devices new and old:
Keyboards, mice, multimedia devices, printers, etc.
24-bit graphics, monitor port
- Optional support for a separate monitor dedicated to the PC
environment (24-bit, 1280 x 1024)
- Audio performance for running multimedia PC applications
Audio in/out ports
Support for stereo speakers, microphone in
$495: SunPCi co-processor PCI option card with AMD K6-2 400-MHz CPU,
64-MB on-board memory (DIMM), 24-bit graphics on board, software,
documentation, DOS license
Read More ...