Oracle Solaris is now available in version 11.1, which features the newest round of enhancements for the latest database technology, delivering the best performance, availability and I/O throughput of any UNIX platform used to run the Oracle Database. Improvements include:
- Oracle Real Application Clusters lock latency improved by 17% by offloading lock management into the Oracle Solaris kernel
- Ability to resize the Oracle Database SGA without a reboot
- Use DTrace to observe and understand database I/O bottlenecks
- Ability to send system audit results to the Oracle Audit Vault to simplify compliance reporting for the overall Oracle Database platform
- Ability to create compliance reports quickly to meet auditor requirements with OpenSCAP, a new compliance reporting tool and a Payment Card Industry profile
- Provides support for an unprecedented 32 Terabytes (TB) of RAM and thousands of CPUs
Oracle will host a webcast on November 7, 2012, at 8 a.m. Pacific time on Oracle Solaris 11.1 and Oracle Solaris Cluster, featuring Markus Flierl, vice president, Oracle Solaris Engineering, Core Technology and Bill Nesheim, vice president, Oracle Solaris Engineering, Platform Software. Register here.
Read More ...