MomentumIndex.com has ranked 84 open source companies with Acquia (responsible for Drupal) at the top of the list followed by talend (a provider of open source solutions for data management), and Jaspersoft (business intelligence). Others include
- Automattic - WordPress.com
- SugarCRM - Customer relationship management
- Engine Yard - PaaS for Ruby on Rails and PHP
- Appcelerator - For rapidly developing native and HTML5 mobile web apps (noted for the greatest improvement in momentum since last year's ratings)
- Kaltura - Open Source Online Video Platform
- Alfresco - Enterprise CMS
- Nexenta - Open source enterprise class storage solutions based on Solaris
MomentumIndex identifies exposure to cloud computing as responsible for those companies exhibiting the fastest growth. The complete list is available through the link above. Sign in to Twitter is required.
Bossie Awards 2011: The Best Open Source Desktop and Mobile Software
Read More ...