Peteris Krumins announces his e-book "Awk One-Liners Explained" and provides a convincing example of the utility of Awk by contrasting the single line of code required to print a list of all the users on a system with the several lines required to write a similar program in C. The latter program also needs to be compiled, he notes. Awk, he asserts, deserves to be incorporated in the daily workflow of everyone.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to Awk One-Liners.
- 2. Line Spacing.
- 3. Numbering and Calculations.
- 4. Text Conversion and Substitution.
- 5. Selective Printing and Deleting of Certain Lines.
- 6. String and Array Creation.
- Appendix A: Awk Special Variables.
- Appendix B: Idiomatic Awk.
Famous Awk One-Liners Explained, Part I: File Spacing, Numbering and Calculations
Read More ...