Administrators spend an enormous amount of time keeping the lights on: activities that consume up to 80% of IT budgets. Automated, repeatable processes are some of the greatest timesavers in the IT world, and yet most system maintenance and monitoring tasks are still performed manually in the datacenter. Halcyon helps double the time staff can spend on new initiatives, instead of simply maintaining the status quo.
automates the monitoring of hardware, OS, and applications in Solaris environments. Pre-defined and configurable thresholds notify admins of failures and service degradation due to CPU/memory exhaustion, log or process errors, and virtual resource conflicts. Plugins are also available for a wide range of custom and commercial applications.
- Fast web-based UI
- Configurable graphing and reporting system
- Tracks per-Zone memory use, CPU load and process statistics
- Advanced ZFS monitors for ARC usage, pool status and deduplication ratios
- Threshold-based corrective actions for common failures or DTrace diagnostics
- Out-of-the-box email and SNMP integration for all major frameworks
- Full-featured evaluation mode: Installs in minutes!
Neuron Agents for Oracle Solaris can also be used as a basis for
capacity planning and performance reporting systems, and also
integrate with other Sun/Oracle system tools or 3rd-Party frameworks such as IBM Tivoli/Netcool, BMC Patrol/Remedy, CA Unicenter, HP OpenView, and other open-source alternatives.
Halcyon Neuron software provides deep Oracle Solaris telemetry not found in other tools, awareness of global/local zone activities, and offers early support for the advanced features found in Solaris 11 Express, all wrapped in a fast convenient web interface.
For more information, pricing inquiries, or to schedule a live demo, please contact
Read More ...