Oracles Sun Ray Software 5.1 helps reduce the maintenance, upgrade, and operational costs and complexity associated with traditional desktop environments and provides users access to their virtual desktop from nearly any location.
"Oracle continues to enhance its desktop virtualization portfolio and deliver new and improved capabilities that provide customers a highly secure, low cost, and easy to use remote desktop experience," said Wim Coekaerts, Oracles senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering. "The Sun Ray Software 5.1 release delivers on Oracles commitment to rapidly advancing our desktop virtualization products. We continue to actively invest significant resources in Sun Ray and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products and work with customers to make it easier for them to deploy and manage virtual infrastructures with the best remote multimedia options."
Sun Ray Software 5.1 includes enhancements to media, Adobe Flash, audio, USB support, and multi-display capabilities, enabling customers and partners to enjoy a highly secure and rich virtual desktop experience through Oracles Sun Ray Clients, PCs and laptops.
Sun Ray Software now provides enhanced support for Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems.
The new release takes full advantage of the powerful new Sun Ray 3 Series Clients to reduce server workloads and provide a highly secure virtual desktop solution, while continuing to support a variety of other client devices.
New capabilities in Oracle Sun Ray Software 5.1 include:
- Media acceleration provides smooth video and Adobe Flash media playback on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 virtual desktops.
- USB redirection adds support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Audio input support for Windows allows audio input devices, such as microphones and headsets, to be used with a variety of Windows virtual desktops.
- Enhanced network security enables users to connect to their remote desktop sessions using standard network-level security protocols such as TLS/SSL and Network Level Authentication using CredSSP. These options increase security by completing the user authentication step before a full session connection is established.
- Firmware updates includes updated firmware for all Sun Ray 3 Series Clients.
-Improved reliability allows Windows sessions to automatically reconnect if a network connection drops unexpectedly.