Oracle plans on introducing a new set of Java APIs that will open JavaFX capabilities to all Java developers without the need for them to learn a new scripting language. This update, expected in the next release of JavaFX due out in calendar Q3 of 2011, promises to deliver advanced graphics, high-fidelity media, and the ability to render HTML content within Java applications.
With new Java APIs, Java developers will be able to incorporate powerful JavaFX capabilities into their applications with greater ease," said Nandini Ramani, senior director of development, Java Client Group, Oracle.
Additionally, Oracle intends to deliver a hardware-accelerated graphics engine that will enable JavaFX applications to render interactive 2D and 3D experiences in real-time. Ramani says the "new hardware-accelerated graphics and HTML rendering capabilities will unlock possibilities and enable a new wave of innovative applications.
At JavaOne 2010, Oracle showcased JavaFX, highlighting its 2010-2011 roadmap. Proposed features of JavaFX 2.0 include:
- Port JavaFX Script APIs to Java
- JavaFX Binding APIs
- Sequence, Observable List, and Observable Map APIs
- Multithreading Improvements
- Focus Management
- Dynamic Footprint Improvements
- Static Footprint Improvements
- Improved Startup Performance
- Updated Public Performance Benchmarks
- Blueprints and Samples
- Hardware Accelerated Graphics
- High Performance Animated Transitions
- Texture Paint
- Redesigned Layout Container APIs
- Grid Layout Container
- Grid Layout From CSS
- CSS Animations
- All-new Media Stack
- Low Latency Audio
- Full Screen Video
- Programmatic Media Markers
- Synchronized Media and Animations
- WebView Scene Graph Node
- WebEngine and WebSource
- HTML DOM
- TableView Control
- SplitView Control
- TabView Control
- MediaPlayer Control-
- WebBrowser Control
- Rich Text
- Standard and Custom Dialogs
- Prism Capable Plugin
We are very excited about the upcoming enhancements to JavaFX, Ramani said, "which will enable it to become the premier environment for rich client applications."
JavaFX 2010-2011 Roadmap
JavaFX 1.3.1 SDK Released
Read More ...