The former Sun Java Communications Suite is now the Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite and has been updated to Version 7 Update 1. Multiple suite products and components comprise the Communications Suite to support distributed communication and collaboration applications. There have been considerable changes made to many of these individual components in this update.
The Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite Version 7 Update 1 release includes the following components:
- Oracle Communications Messaging Exchange Server Version 7 Update 4
- Oracle Communications Instant Messaging Server Version 8 Update 3
- Convergence Version 2
- Oracle Communications Calendar Server for CALDAV Clients Version 7 Update 1
- Delegated Administrator for Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite Version 7 (latest patch)
- Connector for Microsoft Outlook for Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite Version 7.3 Update 1 (latest patch)
- Oracle Communications Calendar Server Version 6.3 (latest patch)
- Indexing and Search Service for Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite Version 1 Update 1
- Messaging Server HA Agent (MS_SCHA) Version 7
- Calendar Server HA Agent (CS_SCHA) Version 6.3
- Instant Messaging HA Agent (IM_SCHA) Version 7.3
- Dssetup for Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite (comm_dssetup) Version 6.4 (latest patch)
Sun Java System Communications Sync has been removed from the package.
Some of what is new in this release includes certificate-based authentication, which is now available in Oracle Communications Calendar Server, Convergence, and Connector for Microsoft Outlook for Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite.
Another change is the Message Queue configuration which now is automatically retained during an upgrade so users do not have to redo the configuration in their /etc/imq/imqbrokerd.conf file following the process.
Individually more specific information on Convergence 2, Messaging Server 7 Update 4, Calendar Server 7 Update 1, Calendar Server 6.3, Indexing and Search Service 1 Update 1, Instant Messaging 8 Update 3, Delegated Administrator 7, Connector for Outlook 7.3 Update 1, and DSsetup 6.4p6 are detailed on the What's New wiki site. This documentation provides information on the Communications Suite upgrade guide.
Another note of mention is to remember this is the first release of the Communications Suite from Oracle, and for those unfamiliar with the company's download site a bit more time may want to be assigned to this project. Benjamin Chuang briefly shared his experience about getting used to the new Web site, as well as some factors related to his particular upgrade.
New Release: Sun Java Communications Suite 7
Read More ...