GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.0.1 and the commercial Oracle GlassFish Server 3.0.1 product are both now available. This is the first product release under Oracle, and the newly branded Oracle release includes numerous critical fixes and updated platform support.
GlassFish 3.0.1 is built on a modular, flexible runtime based on the OSGi standard. It enables organizations to create and deploy Web applications with the lightweight Java EE 6 Web Profile and to easily leverage the power of the full Java EE 6 platform for enterprise applications.
The community version can be downloaded directly from GlassFish.org or obtained in NetBeans 6.9, as it's bundled in that new release.
GlassFish 3.0.1 features support for Eclipse, scripting support including JRuby/Ruby and Groovy/Grails, an easy-to-use Administration Console and Update Center connectivity. The commercial version also includes some closed-source add-ons.
Note, a new version of Java EE 6 SDK has been released as well.
Highlights of GlassFish 3.0.1:
Update product interoperability certifications
- Added Oracle Internet Directory 11gR1 (22.214.171.124.0) support (LDAP Realm & DAS authentication)
- Added Oracle Virtual Directory 11gR1 (126.96.36.199.0) support (LDAP Realm & DAS authentication)
Additional platform support
- Added: Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 & 5 (32 & 64-bit JVMs)
- Updated: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (added 64-bit JVM support)
- Added: Windows 2008 R2 (32 & 64-bit JVMs)
- Added: HP-UX 11i (11.23, 11.31) (32 & 64-bit JVM)
- Complete platform certification details
Update JDK support
- HotSpot JDK testing/compliance updated to HotSpot JDK 1.6.0_20
- Added Oracle JRockit 6 Update 17 R28.0.0+ support
Netbeans 6.9 Support
- Netbeans 6.9 bundles GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.0.1
GlassFish Project - 3.0.1 Final - download and more specific information
GlassFish 3.0.1 is out - Delivering on the community roadmap promise - Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine's blog entry
GlassFish 3.0.1 - Oracle and Community Distributions Now Available - from The Aquarium blog
Oracle GlassFish Server - product page with additional links for more details
The NetBeans IDE 6.9 Release - First Under Oracle's Leadership
Read More ...