The Sun Java Communications Suite is a communications and collaboration solution. It delivers email, calendaring, and real-time collaboration functionality while providing an extensible, standards-based development platform, with a focus on performance, reliability, and scalability.
New updates in Sun Java Communications Suite 7 include:
Sun Java System Calendar Server 7
Supports the CalDAV standard, enabling interoperability with other calendaring clients like Mac iCal and Mozilla Lightning, and offers native calendar synchronization with mobile devices that support CalDAV, including the Apple iPhone.
- CalDAV Support
- iCal Support
- Scheduling Support
- WebDAV Sync
- Free-Busy Servlet
- Installation and Configuration
- Logging Service
- Admin Servlet
- Administrative Utilities
- Administrators Group
- LDAP Integration
- Collection tag or ctag
- Support for Multiple Back-end and Front-end Servers to Achieve Horizontal Scalability
- Hosted Domains
Sun Java Indexing and Search Service 1
Real-time indexing and search of email content, including attachments in a wide variety of data types such as PDF, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, and popular image formats.
- Rapid Indexing of Existing Email
- Real-time Indexing
- Attachment Search
- Body Search
- Search Integration with Sun Convergence
- Search Integration with Messaging Server
- RESTful Search Web Service API
Sun Java System Messaging Server 7 Update 3
Messaging platform that supports leading operating environments and now adds Red Hat 5.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Support
- Elimination of setuid binaries from Messaging Server pipe_master and l_master
- Running the Directory Server Setup Script ( comm_dssetup.pl) Required
- New Initial Configuration Tool
Sun Java System Instant Messaging 8 Update 2
Offers a scalable, standards-compliant instant messaging and presence platform that supports instant messaging (IM) in mobile devices and interoperability with other IM networks, namely AOL, MSN and Yahoo.
- Using Shoal for Automatic Discovery of Peer Servers in a Pool
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Sun Convergence 1 Update 3
Features a rich Web client for the Java Communications Suite email, calendaring, contacts, IM and other Web services. This update of Convergence enables fast searches of email attachments using the new Indexing and Search Service, and provides access to external POP email, supports all leading browsers and adds Internet Explorer 8.
- POP Access to External Email
- Sender Identities
- Single Click Creation of Events
- Attachment Search
- Autocomplete Addresses from Corporate Directory
- Multiple Select in Address Book
- Support for Internet Explorer 8
- Single Click Selection of all Messages
- Exporting Selected Entries from Address Book
- Toolbar Changes
- Address Book Notifications
- Group-wise Listing of Configuration Parameters
- Support for Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server 2.1
- Anti-Spam Functionality
Sun Java Communications Suite Product Page
Suite 7's Feature List
Read More ...