Sun xVM Ops Center is a data center life-cycle management tool that enables users to discover, provision, patch, manage, and monitor the gear (assets) in one or more data centers from a single console. System administrators can manage hundreds of Solaris Operating Systems, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and SUSE Linux from a web browser. Its intelligent knowledge services and smart patching processes are scalable and automated.
Version 2.1 has just been released with multiple enhancements, including power and gear monitoring.
"Individual pieces of hardware as well as groups now have power utilization charts, which can show current and historical data," details Sun xVM Central's Owen Allen. "There's a configuration tab for each gear that shows which Proxy it belongs to and how it's reachable."
VERSION 2.1\'s FEATURED ENHANCEMENTS
- Power Monitoring Charts: Systems now monitor power consumption; Real-time and historical data is available; System groups provide power consumption of the five highest and the five lowest systems in the group
- Configuration Data: Each monitored asset now provides a Config tab, which displays detailed information and provides edit capabilities, including the following configurations: Communication protocol; Proxy controller; and Asset reachability
Improved Proxy Management
- Display the proxy version and status
- Set and clear the default proxy
- DHCP configuration is now possible for all of a proxy's network interfaces
- Custom Discovery: Ability to explicitly target default proxy; and Controls what proxy manages what assets
- Manual Discovery: Model Categorization ~ Select model category for general type and Enter model for detailed identification; Port and MAC address configuration ~ Ability to enter multiple ethernet ports and MAC addresses
Browser User Interface
- Standardized refresh capabilities on each page and general UI improvements
- Sun xVM Ops Center product updates
- Enterprise and proxy controllers provide version and status
- Groups are no longer required to select target systems.
- All report results, including Baseline Analysis Reports, are available for export to CSV.
There are 50 major bug issues that have been fixed in this release.
Sun xVM Ops Center Wiki
Sun xVM Ops Center 2.0 Demonstration by Tony Tomarchio - Webcast covers many features in detail.
Sun Webcast on Sun xVM Center - Content: Overview & Challenges, What is Sun xVM Ops Center?; Sun xVM Ops Center Features; Next Steps
Get the Sun xVM Ops Center
Read More ...