Near the conclusion of the seventh annual MySQL Conference & Expo held April 20-24 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, recognition of the open source database's best customers, partners and open source community contributors was announced. Awards were presented for:
Applications of the Year
- Zappos.com: selected MySQL as the only database to run its e-commerce website, including all the financial transactions, since its earliest start-up days. The MySQL databases have scaled well with Zappos' business growth and serve 8.2 million paying customers today.
- Alcatel-Lucent: runs multiple mission-critical applications on MySQL Cluster, including HLR (i.e. Home Location Register), which contains details of each mobile phone subscriber that is authorized to use the network, and XDMS (i.e. XML Document Management Server), which allows end-users to manage their contact information and group memberships in a unified list that is stored in the operator's network.
- Symantec: Its Brightmail software and Suns MySQL provides a complete solution for service providers that is hard to beat in key areas such as performance, effectiveness and TCO.
Partners of the Year
- Intel: A technology partner and together a lot of work was done to put together Sun systems for MySQL. Intel also helped optimize MySQL's new releases.
- Infobright: A startup and partner, that offers data warehousing solutions for MySQL.
- Lifeboat: Exemplary in extending the benefits of MySQL Enterprise to their customers by co-selling with the MySQL team, and has clearly contributed to the growth in the MySQL channel sales.
Community Members of the Year
- Marc Delisle: Creator of the very popular phpMyAdmin
- Ronald Bradford: MySQL Expert & Teacher
- Shlomi Noach: MySQL DBA, Consultant, Authorized Instructor, and Profolic Blogger
Application of the Year Awards2009
Partner of the Year Awards 2009
Community Member of the Year Awards 2009
Read More ...