Businesses looking to create value-added mobility services for consumers or to mobile enable business users may find the Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform is just what they have been looking for. The comprehensive platform allows easy mobile access to any application and data, and integrates two-way data synchronization with security, device management, and offline access on an open source platform comprised of GlassFish and MySQL.
A complement to the Sun GlassFish Portfolio and Sun GlassFish Communications Server, Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform helps enterprises mobile-enable their workforce for existing applications. With 1.8 billion Java-enabled phones worldwide and 5.5 Java-enabled devices worldwide, those applications can easily access enterprise data in both connected and disconnected operation thereby enabling salesforce and fieldforce automation with this Sun platform. Mobile service providers can use Mobility Platform to include support for a wide range of corporate or consumers applications among their wireless offerings, while system integrators and mobile solution providers can use this Sun solution as a reliable platform to develop mobile-enabled applications with less time and resources.
Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform 1.1 is the latest version and it includes the following new features:
- Remedy POC/Demo
- Salesforce Sample
- Support for JAX-RS based connectors
- JerseyME: JAX-RS client library for CLDC
- Support for Dynamic parameters
- Support for GW passthrough authentication
- Maven Archetypes for ease of development
- Support for record merging- Blackberry OTA client provisioning
- Improved GlassFish cluster support and logging
Other key features and benefits:
- Provides out-of-the-box connectivity to many enterprise and consumer applications via SOAP and REST
- Device agnostic: Supports many smart phones including platforms like RIM, Windows Mobile, and Palm OS
- Admin Console: Allows for the management of application provisioning, security, and configuration. With intuitive administration, over the air provisioning of clients, and end-user self-help, Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform reduces the administration burden.
- Higher throughput and faster response: Built on GlassFish, which is a high performance carrier-grade platform, Sun's mobility platform can meet the performance needs of large enterprises and SMB.
- Data encryption on device, security transmission via SSL, device wipe: Allows enterprises to securely transmit enterprise information and through features such as device lockout enables end-point security for customers without device management suites.
- Data Connectors: Uses the Sun Java CAPS connectors that enable integration with a variety of application backends like Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, Siebel, MySQL and custom applications.
- Two-way Synchronization: The foundation of the Mobility Platform is the synchronization gateway that helps mobile workers stay up-to-date on enterprise information
- Off-line data caching: Mobility Platform includes off-line data cache enabling users to work on important information, such as health records in hospitals or customer leads on an airplane, in more convenient locations.
Product System Requirements
- x86, SPARC
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 250 GB
Supported Operating Systems
- Solaris (Sparc, x86)
- Red Hat Linux
- SUSE Linux
- Windows (development only)
Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform 1.1
Free evaluation of Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform
Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform product page
Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform documentation
Read More ...