Documentation for the Sun Java System Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE) 6.3.1 is now available, including a list of the bugs that have been fixed with this maintenance release designed to be applied to an existing installation of DSEE 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3.
DSEE 6.3.1 is available in the following distributions and in the following forms:
- Native patch: Patches to upgrade Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 native packages installed using the Java ES installer.
- Zip based distribution: Patches to Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 zip installations.
DSEE 6.3.1 patches are available through SunSolve.
This high-performance directory server is the only one with essential data services including proxy, virtual directory and data distribution, Sun reports, providing users with a highly available directory service -- all in one solution. DSEE is a full-service directory solution that enhances security, lowers costs, provides investment protection, reduces IT complexity, and improves manageability.
General features of DSEE:
- Features 64-bit enterprise-class directory for sustained search performance and near-relational database write performance
- Includes virtual directory and directory proxy services
- The only directory solution to offer seamless, nonintrusive integration with Microsoft
- Delivers a highly-flexible replication environment to help ensure data availability
- Provides for vertical and horizontal growth with linear CPU scalability to 18 CPUs
- Robust security with data and communication encryption and password protection
The recently released documentation book includes the following chapters:
- Chapter 1, Compatibility Issues: Addresses compatibility with previous component product versions, and with potential upcoming changes to Directory Server Enterprise Edition software.
Sun Java Directory Server Enterprise Edition product page
Sun Java System Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6.3.1 Release Notes
Read More ...