System administrators, system engineers, and other technical personnel who must install, configure or maintain any portion of Sun Java System Communication Services will find the course "Sun Java System Communication Services Administration" (MSG-2379) useful.
This course covers the Sun JavaTM System Messaging Server, Calendar Server, and Instant Messaging. It requires some technical familiarity with basic Internet concepts and terminology such as DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, HTTP, MIME, SMTP, POP and IMAP. Courses recommended prior to this one are ECR-2389: Sun Java Enterprise System 2004Q2: Installation and Getting Started, or equivalent knowledge; and ECR-2281: SunTM Open Net Environment (Sun ONE) Middleware: Core Concepts. Equivalent knowledge is also suitable.
The new features of the Sun Java System Communication Services will be taught in this class, as well as:
- Procedures for upgrading from SunTM ONE Messaging Server 5.2 to Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.1
- How to configure the components of Sun Java System Communication Services 2004Q2
- How to enable Single Sign-On between all components of Sun Java System Communication Services 2004Q2
- How to provision the directory using the provisioning utilities in Sun Java System Communication Services 2004Q2
- How to administer the Calendar Server, Instant Messaging and the Messaging Server
Take a look at the posted schedule of classes so far to see if one is available in your area.
Read More ...