JavaTM Platform, Standard Edition 6 (JavaTM SE 6) JavaTM Development Kit (JDK) 6 Release Candidate is available for download. The JDK includes tools useful for developing and testing programs written in the JavaTM programming language and running on the Java platform.
The Java SE Development Kit (JDK) includes:
- the JavaTM Runtime Environment (JRETM)
- command-line development tools, such as compilers and debuggers, that are necessary or useful for developing applets and applications
The files and directories in the JDK are:
- An implementation of the JRE for use by the JDK
- Additional class libraries and support files required by the development tools
- Demo Applets and Applications, including examples that use Swing and other JavaTM Foundation Classes, and the JavaTM Platform Debugger Architecture.
- C header files that support native-code programming using the Java Native Interface, the JVMTM Tool Interface and other functionality of the Java platform
- source files for all classes that make up the Java core API (java.*, javax.* and some org.* packages, but not for com.sun.* packages)
See the Read Me file for optional files.
Java SE 6 has changes in collections framework, deployment, instrumentation, internationalization support JAR files, Java Web Start and more. For details on the latest enhancements, see the Java web site.
Read More ...