Sun is making available the Sun StorEdgeTM 9900 Series HiCommand Device Manager(HDvM) 5.1 Software for the Sun StorEdgeTM 9910, 9960, 9970, 9980, 9985, 9990 and T3 Systems. This new version includes a large number of improvements in a variety of areas.
Improvements include these new or improved features and functions:
- Support for Red Hat Linux AS/ES 4.0 on IA-32 and Windows Server 2003 R2 (with limitations on both platforms)
- Added support for Mozilla 1.7.12_01 (HP-UX); dropped support for Mozilla 1.7.3_02 (HP-UX)
- Added support for Diskless Sun StorEdge 9985 configuration
Several GUI enhancements are also part of this release. These include:
- Added Storage Wizard Improvements
- Host Operations Improvements
- LDEV List Screen Improvements
- Resource Group Allocation Screen Improvements
- Subsystem List Screen and Subsystem Properties Screen
Usability improvements include:
- Simplified setup procedure for launching Storage Navigator Modular
- SMI-S Usability Enhancements
- Automatic recognition of IP address changes by the Device Manager Agent
- Ability to display storage serial number in decimal format
- Added support for the AMS series True Copy Extended Distance feature
New mainframe support features:
- Additional Mainframe Volume Support that includes VOLSER and DEVN of the mainframe volume and requires the installation of the HiCommand Mainframe Agent v5.1.
A number of security enhancements are also featured that include an account lockout following a specified number of failed log-in attempts; enabling administrators to activate, deactivate and list user account via the GUI and to set the length and valid character combinations of passwords; display at login of a warning message if the user is trying to access a secure site.
Read More ...